Hawaii on a Budget - Affordable Activities on the island of Kauai
December 27, 2008 · Print This Article
This is the 4th article in a series on how to visit the Hawaiian islands on a budget. (with a little pidgin thrown in for fun) Can do - no can - yes can!
Kauai - known as the garden island - a rental car (as well as a good camera) is a must on this island. You will see some of the most spectacular scenery in the world. Lets go exploring:
• The Kukui Trail is a 2 ½ mile path dropping into the Waimea Canyon where a large swimming hole awaits.
• The rugged cliffs of the Na Pali coast are without equal in the Islands or even elsewhere for that matter. Kauai is a great place for hiking and gazing at the amazing scenery. Its uncrowded beaches are some of the finest in the Hawaiian islands.
• Kokee State Park boasts Waimea Canyon and a great hiking trail of moderate difficulty.
• Kauai’s waterfalls are terrific and Wailua Falls especially so.
• Be sure to visit the Kilauea Point National Wildlife Refuge and, if in season, watch the annual migration of the humpback whales.
• The Kalalau Trail and Valley is a great way to see the Na Pali Coast. Here experienced hikers will find the Hanakapiai Falls, a 300 foot cascade into a pool.
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!