Explore Papua New Guinea, Yap & Palau in 2013!
April 27, 2012 · Print This Article
Its time to broaden your horizons, lose the laptop, turn off the cell phone, embrace your inner explorer and set sail for the remote islands of the South Pacific. Cruise aboard Zegrahm Expeditions Explorer Ship, the Clipper Odyssey April 16-May 2, 2013.
Visit this far frontier of the western South Pacific-including the outer islands of Papua New Guinea, Yap and Palau where you will embrace authentic, traditional cultures on exotic tropical islands.
This 17-day South Pacific tour will astonish you with diverse landscapes, from soaring volcanic peaks to submerged craters teeming with kaleidoscopic fish, and offers unique encounters with native Melanesian and Micronesian people and their exuberant ritualistic hospitality.
During your South Pacific adventure, one of the highlights will be touring the island of Yap where you will experience everything from a war canoe greeting to energetic native dances to rhythmic drumming and curious schoolchildren - a photographers heaven!
Throughout your South Pacific expedition, you will have the opportunity to hike through tropical foliage in search of endemic birds, enjoy leisurely strolls along warm sandy beaches, and snorkel and scuba dive nearly every day among fringing coral reefs populated by more than 1,400 fish species.
South Pacific expedition highlights:
- Watch energetic dance performances by the Trobriand and Yap islanders, as well as the Baining tribe’s dramatic fire-dance during the Yap tour and other island visits.
- Hike lush jungles, stroll beaches brushed by palm fronds, view smoking volcanoes, and cruise by Zodiac along remote shorelines as part of your South Pacific adventure travels.
- View spinner dolphins and sea turtles at sea and monitor lizards and flying foxes ashore.
- Snorkel or dive amongst neon damsels, parrotfish, wrasses, and giant tridacna clams.
- Look for magnificent frigate birds, white-bellied sea eagles, and sulphur-crested cockatoos.
Zegrahm Expeditions is an all inclusive South Pacific Expedition, including:
- All gratuities, from porters and ship’s crew to tour guides
- All accommodations, including pre-voyage hotel nights
- Welcome dinner and orientation briefing to get to know one another and get a good sense of what’s to come during your South Pacific adventure travels
- Daily activity options, from snorkeling and diving among vibrantly hued marine life to exploring remote islands and visiting with local schoolchildren
- World-class lecture and South Pacific expedition team
- All meals onboard and with the group ashore
- All entrance fees, taxes, and landing and port charges
- All transfers on the group arrival and departure days
- Gift certificates for recommended South Pacific expedition gear and reading materials
- Comprehensive pre-departure packet to prepare you for your South Pacific and Yap expedition, with everything from currency information and weather to shipboard amenities and a packing list
- Medical and emergency evacuation insurance
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!