Daintree Eco Lodge & Spa named in Top 10 Spas of the World
April 7, 2011 · Print This Article
The world’s largest spa marketing company, SpaFinder USA have named Daintree Eco Lodge & Spa as one of the Top 10 Spas in the World in the Best Boutique Hotel and Best Environmental Spa categories.
Daintree Eco Lodge & Spa owner Cathy Maloney says,”To have been chosen in the Top 10 Spas in the world is really quite a feat. We are one of only three Australian spas to win in this years Reader’ s Choice World Spa Awards. Shangri-La Sydney and Gwinganna Health Retreat were the other Australian winners.”
While planning a trip to Australia, be sure to add in 4 or 5 days to visit the world’s oldest rainforest (65 million years older than the Amazon), and experience the world’s oldest culture. Wake to the gentle sounds of nature in your rainforest “tree-house” at the small (just 15 room accommodation), personal private boutique resort.
Daintree Eco Lodge & Spa exudes a sense of exotic remoteness, but is easily accessible.
* Located only 90 minutes drive (113km) north of Cairns International Airport
* Only 40 minutes north of Port Douglas (45km), gateway to the Great Barrier Reef
* 3 kms south of Daintree Village
* Only lodge on the Daintree River
* Sealed road runs to property - no 4WD required
* South of the Daintree River - no ferry crossing required
Daintree Eco Lodge & Spa has also been awarded the 2010 Luxury Travel’s Gold List award for BestLuxury Eco Tourism and World’ s Leading Eco Lodge at the prestigious World Travel Awards late 2009.
Walkabout Cultural Adventures
GO WHERE OTHER TOURS DON’T… EXPERIENCE WHAT OTHER TOURS WON’T…
Complete your Daintree Eco Lodge & Spa experience with a day touring the local region with a local Aboriginal guide. In a relaxed and very interpersonal environment which is intimate.
Half or Full day 4WD tours; Personalised tailor-made charters
With tours including…
* Learn about the Kuku Yalanji Rainforest Aborigines & Visit Aboriginal cultural sites
* Learn the history of the region & Taste some bush tucker
*Discover the Rainforest & See spectacular waterfalls
* Learn about marine life & Swim in freshwater streams
*Try traditional hunting & Spear throwing
Minimum 2 passengers, Maximum 6 passengers
Pick ups from Port Douglas, Mossman and Daintree areas
(Cairns, Northern Beaches and Cape Tribulation can be arranged)
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!